Skip to content Skip to navigation
See our Campus Ready site for most up to date information about the fall semester.Campus ReadyCOVID Help

How to Make a Request for Records

California Public Records Act ("CPRA") and Information Practices Act ("IPA") requests may be submitted to the Office of Legal Affairs ("OLA") using any of the following methods:

  • Email:
  • Letter:  University of California, Merced
                   Office of Legal Affairs-KL313
                   5200 N. Lake Road
                   Merced, CA 95343
  • Fax:  (209) 228-4423
  • Telephone:  (209) 228-2406

Helpful tips and reminders:

  • Please be descriptive and specific in your request. For example, you might consider including (if applicable):
    • Date ranges
    • Titles of documents
    • Names of departments, offices or employees who likely would have records
  • CPRA requests may be made anonymously, as long as contact information is provided (such as an email) for correspondence and records release.
  • IPA requests require verification of a requester’s identity prior to the release of documents. IPA requests usually include personal information that would not normally be released to the public. Verification of identity in IPA requests protects your private information.